2017-19 Corvette GS/2015-19 Z06 Brembo GT-R Front Big Brake Kit
Brembo is the industry leader in brake component design and technology. Brembo is OE on major manufacturers such as Aston Martin, Bentley, Cadillac CTS, Corvette, Dodge Viper, Ferrari, Lamborghini Aventador, Lexus RC F, Maserati, Mercedes-AMG, Nissan GT-R, Pagani, Porsche and major automotive racing teams.
The Brembo GT-R braking systems are designed to meet the needs of aggressive braking whether on the road or the track. If you track your car, the Brembo GT-R is the ultimate in braking design & technology.
The GT-R calipers are made from billet aluminum with radial 6 piston attachments. They reduce the unsprung weight, improving vehicle performance & dynamics. They are designed to provide a constant locking strength with a stable and reliable pedal. The pistons include stainless steel radiators for increased heat reduction and reduced brake wear during extreme driving. Brembo GT-R calipers are nickel plated and feature CNC machined Brembo logo with red embossing.
Brembo GT-R braking systems include two-piece floating discs quick heat dissipation and significantly reduced unsprung weight. The floating disc's anti-noise hardware is the direct result of Brembo's experience with brakes designed for Formula 1 competition.
Each Brembo GT-R kit includes all the necessary hardware including billet brackets and installation adapters.
More braking torque and thermal capacity on the track
Using radial-mounted fixed calipers together with oversized discs gives the system greater braking torque and superior thermal capacity. The result is a braking action that is noticeably more immediate and decisive even in normal road usage, and is extraordinarily powerful and consistent under the repeated loads of track use.
Fixed calipers improve the durability and efficiency of the system: the opposed multiple pistons act on the pads with more precision, due to the smaller piston diameter and the reduced pressure exerted on each individual piston, while the greater overall surface area between the pads and pistons results in more uniform friction surface wear. The superlative stiffness of the calipers and the metal braided hoses reduce brake fluid absorption. The result is improved, more stable brake pedal pressure, making it possible to modulate braking force more precisely and enhancing pedal feel.
Featuring a hat in aluminum alloy, the oversized floating disc system reduces unsprung mass (for improved handling) and thermal stress. The mounting system is engineered to permit a greater degree of both radial and axial float.
This characteristic, together with the greater dimensions of the braking rotor surface, improves the dispersion of the heat generated by the repeated, intense thermal stress that the discs are subjected to, for consistent braking performance and pedal feel even after numerous laps on the track.
- Brake System Type: Brembo GT-R big brake
- Application: Improves thermal stability over OE braking system needed for high performance & occasional track use.
- Caliper Body: Billet aluminum monoblock radial mount. Radial mounting provides two planes of adjustment for accurate alignment over the disc. The monobloc design provides stiffer brake feel and increases the overall efficiency and stopping power of the system.
- Caliper Mounting: Directional. A small arrow cast in place provides direction of disc rotation. The bleed screw(s) must be at the top of the caliper when installing.
- Caliper Color: Nickel Plated
- Number of Pistons: 6
- Dust Seals Included: Yes
- Disc Size and Construction: 380MMx34MM 2-piece
- Disc Type: Slotted type-3. Motorsport developed face with emphasis on the high initial response while maintaining a smooth pedal release. This design provides the highest overall braking confidence, control, and allows the driver to spend less time on the brake pedal for quicker lap times.
- Disc Vane Design: Vented curved 72 vane incorporates exclusive venting system that improves cooling capacity and increases resistance to cracking caused by thermal shock by over 40%
- Disc Material: Advanced high carbon alloy/corrosion resistant plating
- Disc to Hat Mounting: Floating D-bobbin with anti-rattle spring helps eliminate noise. The bobbin type fasteners allow the disc to expand and contract under high temperatures reducing stress and increasing the longevity of the rotor and related components.
- Brake Lines: Includes stainless braided D.O.T. brake lines
- Position: Front
- Brake Pads Included: Yes
- Brake Pad Compound: Ferodo FM1000, daily driving, occasional track use
- Compatible With Factory ABS: Yes
- Compatible With Factory Traction Control: Yes
- Compatible With Factory Master Cylinder: Yes
- Minimum Wheel Diameter Required: 19"
- Click To View Clearance Diagram
- Shipping Dimensions: 2 Boxes: 31.125 x 6.125 x 18.500"
- Shipping Weight: 98 bs.
- Country Of Origin: Italy
- Warranty: Unspecified
- Quantity: Sold as a set
- Availability: Drop-ships direct from the manufacturer
|Grand Sport Coupe w/Carbon Ceramic Brakes||2017-2019|
|Grand Sport Convertible w/Carbon Ceramic Brakes||2017-2019|
|Grand Sport Coupe w/Iron Brakes||2017-2019|
|Grand Sport Convertible w/Iron Brakes||2017-2019|
|Z06 Coupe w/Carbon Ceramic Brakes||2015-2019|
|Z06 Convertible w/Carbon Ceramic Brakes||2015-2019|
|Z06 Coupe w/Iron Brakes||2015-2019|
|Z06 Convertible w/Iron Brakes||2015-2019|