WHO WE ARE
Nowicki Autosport/Design LLC (NAD) is a design and consulting company, based in Birmingham, Mich., for the automotive aftermarket and motorsports industries. Founded by designer and racer Jeff Nowicki, NAD leverages 30 years of modeling, prototyping and composites leadership with vehicle/product design and marketing expertise.
When it comes to vehicles and automotive products, NAD’s highly skilled and experienced staff handles all aspects of project management, from design and prototyping to production.
NAD’s longtime involvement in motorsports also enables specialized driver training and support for track events.
Highlights of Nowicki Autosport/Design’s capabilities include:
- Professional design and renderings for presentations, proposals and product production
- Full-service clay modeling for automotive exterior and interior systems
- Prototype tooling in epoxy or polyester for low-volume fiberglass production
- Extensive experience with Kevlar, carbon fiber and honeycomb composite materials, including product design and tooling
- Mechanical prototyping
- Show car builds
- Production vehicle conversions and upfits – including performance tuning
- Road-racing, auto-cross and track-event vehicle preparation and support.
CASE STUDY: THE NAD CORVETTE CONCEPT7
With the introduction of the seventh-generation Chevrolet Corvette in 2013, NAD immediately channeled its design, prototyping and vehicle-build experience into the Concept7 show vehicle, which debuted at the SEMA Show – the automotive aftermarket’s international showcase of design, performance and motorsports accessories.
Wearing a Mobil 1-themed graphics package in recognition of NAD’s longstanding motorsports partner, the reaction was immediate – and the follow-up profound:
- The Concept7 won two of Chevrolet’s prestigious SEMA Design awards and was touted as one of the most significant new Corvettes at the show in major online and print reports from the SEMA Show
- Mobil 1 commissioned Nowicki Autosport/Design to build a similarly styled Corvette Concept7 for a national sweepstakes. The car was awarded to the contest winner at the National Corvette Museum in fall 2014
- The Concept7 was featured on the cover of CORVETTE Magazine (Oct. 2014), as part of a six-page feature story. Another feature story is planned for VETTE Magazine
- NAD went into production on the exterior components featured on the Concept7 show car. They are offered by several of the industry’s largest Corvette parts and accessories retailers. Product details are available at nowickiautosport.com.
“The Concept7 encapsulates all the strengths and advantages of Nowicki Autosport/Design – from the vision for the vehicle and the production of the parts to the marketing and public relations support that helped make it a standout in a crowded market.”
– Jeff Nowicki, NAD president and founder
LEGACY OF ACHIEVEMENTS
- IMSA C4 Corvette IMSA GTO race car, full-size clay model, including tooling; wind-tunnel development and carbon fiber parts manufacturing
- IMSA Oldsmobile Achieva GTU race car – full-size clay model
- IMSA Oldsmobile Cutlass GTS race car – full-size clay model including tooling
- SCCA C5 Trans-Am race car – full-size clay model including tooling and wind tunnel development bodywork
- SCCA Jaguar Trans-Am race car – full size clay model
- C5 Rolex/ALMS full-size clay model, including tooling and manufacture of carbon fiber body work
- Specter Werkes/Sports Corvette GTR (C5 and C6) – design, prototyping, tooling and manufacturing
- SCCA World Challenge Grand Am Camaro GS composite bodywork – tooling and manufacture of bodywork for all teams
- Design and manufacture of exterior components for Cadillac CTS-V and Chevrolet Camaro.
ABOUT JEFF NOWICKI
A racer and former GM Design sculptor, Nowicki formed Specter Werkes/Sports in 1990, crafting his vision of track-inspired, premium-minded Corvettes. He hit his stride with the C5- and C6-based GTR models, building about 40 of them, along with the popular line of Group 6 bolt-on components.
In 2010, he sold his business and decided to focus on other endeavors, leading to the formation of Nowicki Autosport/Design LLC. His resume, accomplishments and client support capabilities span the automotive landscape:
- Subject matter expert and third-party endorser for Michelin Tires and Mobil 1
- Available for driver school instruction
- Numerous industry contacts, including media, OEM and motorsports
- Available for teaching clay modeling/design
- Works with OEM engineers and designers for OEM design projects.
Jeff Nowicki’s racing experience brings invaluable insight to performance- and motorsports-focused projects. He won his first of three consecutive SCCA autocross class championships at 18.
In 1990, Nowicki stepped up to road racing, making an impressive debut winning the SSGT Regional Championship two years in a row and set new track records. He later made his professional racing debut in the International Motor Sport Association's (IMSA) Firestone Firehawk Series as a co- driver with the Billy Hagen/Gene Felton Team at Watkins Glen.
1992, he dominated the SCCA IT class and was recruited for the Morrison Motorsports Corvette effort at the final 24-Hour event in the World Challenge series.
With five SCCA championships under his belt, Jeff Nowicki’s racing achievements also include:
- Top 10 finishes in limited SCCA World Challenge schedule in 1994, 1995 with sponsorship from Mobil 1
- Drove for Morrison Motorsports Corvette ZR1 team in the 1990s, including the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring
- Podium at the Mosport 24 Hours race in 1996 driving for Pontiac
- Achieved a podium finish with co-driver Andy Pilgrim in 1999 at the Watkins Glen FIA GT race, in a Corvette and Petit LeMans
- Raced a one-off Specter Werkes Corvette for GM Performance Parts in the 1999 24 Hours of Daytona and placed ninth in a 30-car field in the GT3
- Competed in the 2000-2004 Grand Am Rolex series
- Competed in the 2006 SCCA World Challenge TC class with PDMC Motorsports winning two race performance awards
- Competed in selected 2010 Grand Am Continental Challenge Series with PDMC Motorsports in a fifth-generation Camaro.
- Competed in 2012 Grand Am Rolex Series for Team MBR Chevrolet Corvette
- 2018 Tire Rack One Lap of America Class Win for Michelin tire in supplied BMW M4